Friday, July 10, 2009

What's my deal (about me)

I am James M. Burton - a computing and internet professional with substantial interest in computing and networking, privacy issues, politics, and governmental policy

I have previously worked as political staff in a provincial government, and have been a long time political and community activist. I teach at a government funded post-secondary institution. I have served as a Students' Union President (some 20 years ago), on the Board of Governors of a major University, and served on many university committees. I have run my own business, worked for telcos, cable companies, engineering firms, and research consortia. I have been President and board member of a provincial new media industry association, and have served many years as a juror for the Canadian New Media Awards.

I am currently the Information Technology Officer and designated Privacy Officer for a large medical clinic - grappling with privacy and information sharing issues has become a daily occurrence.

This blog is an attempt to share some of the stories and issues I run across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting Discussion Of Gendered Criticism Of The Selfie

There’s a lot more to a selfie than meets the eye (Salon) by Alicia Eler The moral panic around teen selfies is old fear dre...